What Is the Physician Executives Forum?
The Physician Executives Forum is exclusively designed for physician leaders in management roles seeking knowledge and resources to enhance their leadership skills and thrive in healthcare’s changing landscape. The Forum offers a package of resources tailored to meet the unique career development needs of physician executives and complement their clinical expertise. Physician executives will benefit from premier education, timely and relevant information, career resources and prime networking opportunities.
As a physician executive, the Physician Executives Forum will provide you with a platform to broaden your management skills in key areas such as leading quality initiatives, clinical and administration collaboration and improving interdisciplinary communications—whether you are currently in a management role or transitioning into one. Perhaps the most important reason to be a part of the Physician Executives Forum is to strengthen your ability to effectively lead both your clinical and nonclinical healthcare colleagues.
Join ACHE’s Physician Executives Forum to transform your management skills with:
- Timely information, best practices and practical tips via a quarterly e-newsletter addressing the topics you care about most, such as models for improving patient safety and strategies for building hospital-physician relationships. View a sample issue of the newsletter.
- An expansive network of like-minded physician healthcare executives you can turn to for business advice and innovative ideas on common issues. This special online community, along with ACHE’s online Member Directory, is searchable by Physician Executives Forum members nationwide and in your area, and will further your exposure to non-physician executives to help you work toward a more integrative model of patient care.
- Targeted, high-caliber education programming focused on the most important professional development needs of today's physician executive.
Plus, Forum members receive the full benefits and services offered to ACHE members, including:
- Access to active participation and networking in the preeminent professional society for healthcare executives—with 40,000 members across the continuum of care—through mentoring opportunities, ACHE's official LinkedIn Group, seminars, meetings, and more.
- Educational opportunities with over 150 premier educational seminars annually that address today's most critical healthcare management topics.
- Premier credentials with ACHE's FACHE®—signifying board certification in healthcare management and enhancing your career advancement and professional development.
- Publications provide additional learning opportunities via ACHE's highly regarded magazine, Healthcare Executive, and two journals: Journal of Healthcare Management and Frontiers of Health Services Management.
“I am impressed with the value ACHE's Physician Executives Forum brings to my relationship with our local healthcare system. The relevant articles give excellent insight into the current healthcare culture and inform my perspective as an independent physician working with a large healthcare system. My interest in local collaborative efforts has grown substantially as I learn how these health systems see our community.”
- Requirements: Must be an active ACHE member (Member, Fellow, Faculty and International Associate Statuses Only) and hold MD or DO credentials
- Forum Annual Dues Fee (in addition to your regular ACHE annual dues fee): $100 annually
- Graduated Forum Dues Schedule:
- Jan.–June: $100
- July–Aug.: $50 (will be billed for next calendar year in Oct.)
- Sept.–Dec.: $100 (payment applied for remainder of current year and next calendar year)