Student Associates Benefits
ACHE offers Student Associates a wide range of services to help launch their careers in healthcare management:
- Directory of Postgraduate Administrative Fellowships
- Healthcare Executive Career Resource Center
- Services specifically for students: Career Management 101, Your Career as a Healthcare Executive
- Other valuable services: Career Guides, Resume Review/Critique, leadership and personality assessments
- ACHE Employment Service: Job Bank and Resume Bank
- ACHE Diversity Internship
- Stuart A. Wesbury Jr. Postgraduate Fellowship
- Richard J. Stull Student Essay Competition in Healthcare Management – Winning entries will each receive $3,000 and the second and third place entries will receive $2,000 and $1,000 awards, respectively.
Student Associates receive complimentary subscriptions to ACHE’s top-notch publications and e-mail newsletters including:
- Healthcare Executive
- A choice of the Journal of Healthcare Management or Frontiers of Health Services Management
- Student Associate Newsletter which is published four times per year
- The bi-weekly newsletter ACHe-news
As a benefit of membership Student Associates have access to ACHE’s premier educational programs:
- The Student Track at Congress offers a significantly reduced registration fee for Student Associates. In 2016, the student fee is $489 to attend. Students who work as Program Assistants will be reimbursed the $489 fee.
- Seminars, Webinars, Self-Study Courses and more.
Student Associates are eligible for several different types of financial assistance:
- Scholarships – each scholarship is worth $5,000 and between the two, up to 15 are awarded each year.
- Foster G. McGaw Graduate Student Scholarship
- Albert W. Dent Graduates Student Scholarship (minority students)
- Past Scholarship Winners
- Reduced Dues – Student Associate dues are subsidized by full dues paying Members allowing students to pay lower dues. Students pay $75 as opposed to Members who initially pay $150.
ACHE offers many opportunities for students to stay connected with other Members:
- Visit the online Chapter Directory to get information about your local chapter.
- Use the ACHE Member Directory to search for Members by location, areas of expertise or special interest areas.
- Use these helpful Student Networking Tips when attending an event.