ACHE Strategic Plan
2018–2020 Strategic Plan Overview
ACHE’s strategic plan is designed to position the organization and the profession to proactively respond to the rapidly changing healthcare environment and help healthcare leaders improve their performance and care delivery. Based on input from the membership, chapter leaders, Regents and non-member thought leaders, the ACHE Board of Governors has developed this strategic plan to guide our areas of focus over the next three years.
Strategic Plan Development Process
ACHE’s systematic planning process uses a four-step methodology:
- Gather data and analyze
- Develop plan attributes and initiatives
- Operationalize the plan by deploying within the organization and with key partners
- Execute, monitor and adjust the plan as necessary
In 2017, ACHE embarked on a triennial “deep dive” to revisit our strategic plan from the ground up, building a new set of strategic priorities that will guide the organization’s work over the next three-year cycle.
Vision, Mission and Values
ACHE’s vision, mission and values are the basis for organizational direction and decision making. ACHE’s fundamental purpose (mission) and the essential core values of the profession form the foundation for our strategy, while our desired long-term future (vision) is the guiding principle for the organization’s strategic direction.
Vision: To be the preeminent professional society for leaders dedicated to improving health.
Mission: To advance our members and healthcare management excellence.
Core Values: We are committed to and live out our core values through our work:
- Integrity: We advocate and demonstrate high ethical conduct in all we do.
- Lifelong Learning: We recognize lifelong learning is essential to our ability to innovate and continually improve ourselves, our organizations and our profession.
- Leadership: We lead through example and mentoring, and recognize caring must be a cornerstone of our professional interactions.
- Diversity and Inclusion: We advocate inclusion and embrace the differences of those with whom we work and the communities we serve.
Strategic Framework: Setting Organizational Direction
The central focus of ACHE’s emerging strategic direction is to solidify its role as the market leader in developing the management capabilities for healthcare executives. This focus will be supported through a series of commitments, workstreams and investments that will build on ACHE’s core strengths and competencies, while stimulating progress to develop new tools, resources and opportunities to deliver exemplar leadership education for professionals across the continuum of care.
To achieve this central goal – to educate, engage and inspire leaders to improve health – ACHE will drive advancements that enable the personal and professional growth of our members, and the safety, effectiveness and efficiency of the healthcare industry at-large. As part of this commitment, ACHE will invest in best-in-class tools and approaches to foster individual learning and development, more purposefully develop and deliver content to professionals across the continuum of care, and improve accessibility of learning options at both the national and local levels.
In pursuing its strategy and desired outcomes, ACHE will serve as a:
Catalyst for the field of healthcare management, to:
- Advance Safety: Amplify the importance of safety and provide the tools and strategies healthcare leaders need to foster zero-harm workplace cultures and environments.
- Build Partnerships: Convene key market players in support of advancing health, safety and quality initiatives, while also broadening ACHE’s influence and impact.
- Innovate and Transform: Identify and deliver promising approaches to support healthcare leaders as they strive to uncover solutions and effectively manage change.
Connector across the continuum of the leadership community, to:
- Strengthen Chapters: Fully realize the power of ACHE’s chapter network by enacting changes that will simplify requirements, expand member value and increase grassroots participation.
- Advance Diversity and Inclusion: Extend ACHE’s reach and increase diverse representation to cultivate an inclusive community across the continuum of healthcare leadership.
- Increase Access to Resources: Improve accessibility of knowledge and resources so leaders can tap into ACHE’s solutions anytime, anywhere.
Trusted Partner for our members, to:
- Foster Engagement: Align ACHE’s value to members’ unique needs to increase resonance, encourage deeper levels of participation and networking to build a stronger member community.
- Support Leaders: Enrich and expand current career resource programs, products, platforms and services to better meet the personal and professional needs of a diversified membership.
- Personalize the Experience: Deliver dynamic and tailored messaging, content and resources that are aligned with member preferences and serve to further embed ACHE as an essential partner in helping leaders advance their careers.
For questions or feedback on ACHE's Strategic Plan, please contact Sydney Edmond at email@example.com.